Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Junction City/Geary County Convention & Visitors Bureau 2018 Marketing Grant Program is designed to assist destination attractions, lodging and/or meeting facilities in the development of brochures and advertising. It is intended to assist in the promotion of attractions to visitors from outside the community/county.
The total budget available for this program for 2018 is $10,000.00. (maximum request $1,000.00) There are no guarantees that the requested funds will be awarded.
WHO CAN APPLY (includes but not limited to):
Any destination attraction located within Junction City/Geary County, lodging and/or meeting facility, established events.
WHO CANNOT APPLY (includes but not limited to): Political parties, events outside of Geary County, lobbying advocacy/related activities, projects that have already occurred or requests that seek money for reimbursement of expenses already incurred.
Only (1) one application per organization will be accepted for consideration per year.
Overnight Accommodations - The highest priority of the CVB Grant Program is to increase transient guest tax and/or sales tax in Junction City and/or Geary County. Applicants should provide an estimate of out-of-town attendance, and/or lodging .
Hospitality Partnership - Hospitality partners are attractions, lodging facilities, and meeting/banquet facilities that are currently engaged in the local tourism industry.
• Applications that demonstrate the highest potential for increasing the transient guest tax and/or local sales tax will be given the highest priority.
• In order to be considered for funding, all applicants must complete and submit the 2018 Marketing Grant Application, Revenue/Expense Worksheet, and any supporting materials to the CVB no later than 4:00 PM, November 30, 2017.
• The Junction City/Geary County Convention & Visitors Bureau logo and website must be clearly presented in all marketing materials, advertising, press releases, and presentations. Failure to comply will limit the organization’s ability to apply for future funding.
• Upon completion of project/advertising, a full report must be submitted to the CVB along with 14 copies within 60 days of the project completion.
• The CVB reserves the right to deny any or all funding requests.
ALLOCATION OF FUNDS:
Funds granted through the Marketing Grant program must be used only for the purpose listed on the application.
Funding may not be used for salaries/administrative fees, equipment purchase, items for re-sale, membership solicitation literature, donations, alcohol and anything contrary to the law.
CVB Marketing Grant funds will be distributed in January of 2018, or within 60 days of the project start. The Project Summary form and receipts must be submitted to the CVB within 60 days from completion of project. Failure to submit receipts and the completed project Summary form may disqualify the organization from future funding from the CVB.
The following phrase must appear in all printed material and/or read in all radio/TV/advertising funded through the Marketing Grant program:
Funded by a grant from the Geary County Convention & Visitors Bureau – www.junctioncity.org
Complete all sections (required) of the application, all sections of the Expense/Revenue Worksheet and explain your request in full detail to include advertisement placement and brochure distribution.
Application Submission Deadline
• Submit Application – by 4:00 PM, November 30, 2017.
Applications will be reviewed and notification of approval will be given in early January 2018. All requests are reviewed by a CVB Grant Committee and presented to the CVB Advisory Board for review and approval/disapproval.
Should the project be rendered not feasible or impossible to execute, other than force majeure, the applicant must return all funding received within 45 days of cancellation to the CVB.
The Junction City/Geary County Convention & Visitors Bureau Grant Review Committee has the right to refuse any or all applications. Disbursement of funds is dependent on the transient guest tax receipts collected from the lodging industry from year to year.
Please explain your project in detail.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field